Friday, 14 June 2013

Trilogy - Rosehip Oil




I hadn't even heard of Rosehip oil until a few bloggers started banding the name around recently, preaching its affects on scarring and claims to leave the skin soft, radiant and all round improved by morning. So, as usual, I trotted of to Boots and hunted down the original formula to see if it made the cut and...it's love. 






Trilogys Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is the purest oil you can get. So pure it's the only ingredient in the list and you can't argue with that! There are lots of high claims for this bottle of goodness such as, that it helps to minimise wrinkles, smooth the skin and improve your moisture levels. Also with Omega 3, 6 and 9 to add a few antioxidants and essential fatty acids it sounds like a miracle product, and might just well be. 

I've used this for around 6 weeks now and I can't sing it's praises loud enough. First up I was a little hesitant to try it as it is a pure oil which I thought was going to be a nightmare for my acne prone complexion. But not only have I never broken out from this it has helped the odd blemish that I've had recently. Seeming to calm them down and add some much craved moisture instead of drying the skin out. 

I have used this most nights and definitely saw a big difference to my skin early on. I do wake up feeling like I'm looking a little bit more brighter and like I've given myself a facial every night. Although this is an oil, using it so regularly doesn't appear to have clogged my pores leaving them congested and battling against it. But one point made online is that this isn't greasy and you can apply this is the morning...who are they kidding?! I use the smallest amount of this leaving my face looking like an oil slick and it doesn't sink in for a good few hours. But I promise by morning you'll be marvelling at your face in the mirror. 

Of course the main affect I wanted from this wonder was to show an improvement in my acne scars, and I was not left disappointed. It definitely helps with the redness and using an oil on recent blemishes greatly diminishes the chance of a bad scar! It will stay a staple in my skincare routine for a long time to come as I strive for the perfect base. 



At £16.50 for 20ml it seems incredibly expensive but as I said, you only need to smallest amount so it last you a lifetime...almost. Without a doubt my best skincare find this year so far and I recommend heading down to your local Boots and and grabbing the stuff before every blogger gets wind of it! 





5 comments:

  1. I need to get down to boots and get some! this stuff sounds amazing!
    Now following on gfc and bloglovin hun,
    I'm over at http://xteaseflutterpoutx.blogspot.co.uk/ love if you stopped by :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where in the states I can find this, and I wonder how it will fair with my oily skin? But if it clears up some of my acne scars I'm willing to deal with a few extra blemishes. It's not like my chin isn't covered in them already (chronic hormonal acne is a bitch, apologies for the language)

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh I'm with you on that! Think it would be good for oily skin. Counteracts it so think it's worth a try :)

      Delete
  3. I think I saw somewhere that you can do this at home. I wonder if it is going to be more effective or not. I love using rosehip oil because of its help with my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr.D.M Mahajan is an expert on cosmetic treatment. She is warning against fake acne scars treatment which do more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete