Sunday, 19 May 2013

Rimmel Apocalips - Luna




When Rimmels Apocalips came on the scene they were mentioned on every blog you could think of. It was one of the first gloss/lipstick hybrids to be released into drugstores/high street and had everyone talking. I was just as intrigued as everyone else which led to a spur of the moment, killing time in Boots situation seeing me walking up to the sales assistant and saying 'just that please'. You know, because I'm English and that's what we do.. But I have to say I wasn't left too happy about my purchase. 




I trawled through images of every shade available, eyed up all the contenders and made my choice. 'Luna' appeared to be a lovely coral shade (you may end up seeing a theme with my lip colours), and on others it showed as soft peachy coral that seemed a no brainer for me. But on my lips it isn't soft at all, appearing almost neon. I did try to the best of my ability to get photos of the product on my lips but failed miserably to show the correct colour so those below will have to do I'm afraid. When dabbed onto my lips and blended it will give a hint of colour and create a nice stain to apply other colours on top of so this is how I am getting my use out of it but as for directly from the tube, no such luck. 

Unfortunately it's not just the colour I was disappointed with, the formula leaves a lot to be desired too. Not the stickiest of glosses I've tried but certainly not the least, as soon as I apply I am itching to take it off. Along with the fact I suffer from dry lips the majority of the time, even when I have whacked on a whole tube of balm 'Luna' will cling to every dry patch and make them incredibly visible. Not the Georgia Jagger pout I was hoping for!




At £5.99 it won't break the bank if you are left as disappointed as I was and I have seen a tonne of amazing reviews of the infamous Apocalips so all might not be lost of you. Although it may be worth not buying into the blogger hype as I have done many a time. 






So, my first negative review on LLW. Hopefully they will be few and far between but I will always give an honest opinion before you part your hard earned cash. 

Have you tried this offering from Rimmel? Where you as underwhelmed as me or were you raving from the rooftops like everyone else? 






10 comments:

  1. Always nice to read a honest review, plus may have saved me some money because thats the colour I have been looking for. On the hunt this week so keep an eye out on my blog. I found yours on blog hop. following too hun
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep will always show disappointing products every now and then. Ah it may work for you but I wasn't impressed.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Hello!

    Just found your blog on blog hop!

    I had the same experience with these glosses, very dry on my lipstoo which is weird as this has never happened to be before with a gloss!
    Its great to see an honest review!

    www.makeup-bykerry.blogspot.com

    Kerry xo


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Ah nice to hear someone had the same experience I did! x

      Delete
  3. Great Post just followed!! found you through #bloggersbunch blog hop!

    www.elywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try this for so long! I've seen the colour online & always loved how it looked, never expected it to come out orange at all though :( hate sticky gloss too, kind of glad I haven't bought one now!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me either, was so disappointed. Yep, it's worked for some people but not for me x

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to comment & say you have a lovely blog - so cute! I haven't tried Apocalypse, not sure if I will now - thanks!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete