Friday, 31 May 2013

Alpha H - Liquid Gold




This review will certainly not come as a surprise to many of you. I have never seen a bad review about this and I will rave about it to anyone who will listen. So I thought it was about time I harped onto to my lovely followers about my long term love for this beauty! 


Alpha H - Liquid Gold has become a cult product and deserves every accolade it receives. It's essentially a resurfacing, exfoliating treatment which claims to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage, pigmentation and aid the improvement of acne. Whilst also quoting to brighten the skin and tighten pores it boasts big claims and more than lives up to them. 






Liquid Gold is an intensive overnight treatment that should be applied after thoroughly cleansing the skin and should not be followed by a moisturiser, letting the treatment work to it's fullest. It is quite a harsh product for the skin and so should only be used once or twice a week and defer from manually exfoliating the day after use. 

I have been using this product for around a year now and have to say it is the one skincare product that I really couldn't be without. It has done incredible things for my skin and although it's pricey to me it is worth every penny. This is a treatment that shows an improvement to your complexion even after one use and after the first few weeks the noticeable difference was how smooth it made my skin. I'm sure we all suffer from time to time with bumps plus a little roughness and until I used this I didn't realise how not smooth my skin was. When cleansing and applying moisturiser my skin was completely 'bumpless' thanks to this chemical exfoliant. You know I like to make up my own words on my blog...

I can also vouch for the claim this good stuff makes to improve to breakouts. When I have suffered a pesky outbreak of spots I have found it's best to switch between my serum or oil of choice and Liquid Gold. It seems to clear it up quicker than without and lead the scarring to be lighter. 

But the biggest difference this product has made for me and why I show it so much love is the improvement it has made to my acne scarring. I have made no secret to the fact that scarring is my main skincare issue, as every single spot I have scars after it goes making it very difficult to improve my overall skin tone. Over the past year of using this my scars have been dramatically reduced, leaving them much easier to conceal with make up and making me feel a lot more confident. I still have a lot of improvement to make with my complexion but the majority of the good work well and truly goes to this wonder product! 

Although this states that people with very sensitive skin should avoid using this I have personally never had an issue but of course everyone's skin is different so be aware that it may not be suitable for everyone. Occasionally after application you can a little bit of tingling but nothing extreme of uncomfortable at all and you know it's doing its job to make you wake up looking amazing! (Or at least with smoother, clearer skin). 


My second bottle of this is already coming to an end although I have been forced to share this one with my mum! Tip, never mention a product to her with all the best intentions if you don't want your beloved skincare to run out in half the time and another £30 down! 
She has fallen in love with it this year and considering there's a good few years difference with us (sorry mum) the improvement has been just as noticeable for her. She also has quite a bad scar that she's lived with since she was little and I can't believe the difference. It was raised, deep and now is smooth and has definitely diminished a fair amount. 







All in all I can't stop singing it's praises so I'll shut up now so you can all click the link and make the purchase, and I will take all the responsibility (and credit) for your new holy grail! You can thank Alpha H a little to I guess. 





11 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd be brave enough to try this, I can see my skin just melting off at the sight of it. Damn sensitivity! x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really sensitive skin and it's been ok for me but you never know. Maybe try and get a sample? If you bought it and didn't like it I'd happily take it off your hands haha :) x

      Delete
  2. I didn't think I had sensitive skin but I had a reaction to Effaclar Duo - I wonder if I should risk it with this - it sounds AMAZING but it's a lot of money to waste if I can't use it again! x

    teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's strange! I think they're very different products so think you would probably be ok but there's always a risk with all products. I'm sure someone would snap it up in a blogsale if you didn't like it :) x

      Delete
  3. I love this stuff, well worth the money and hype! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Love of my skincare stash. :) x

      Delete
  4. I do suffer from time to time with bumps and a little roughness in my skin! It's so annoying. :( I heard good reviews regarding the glycolic acid. Thank you for this great review! I'm glad this worked well to your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it really smooths the skin out! Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I also suffer from bumps and roughness on my skin, i got it right now and it been irritating me all day. My mum was talking about this - maybe i should check this out next time i go shopping.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try! Smooths out the skin and brightens :)

      Delete
  6. I have actually read some bad reviews about this. In particular girls with not particularly senstive skin having some very severe reactions to it. Of course everyone is different but the bad review always stick in your mind.
    I've been tempted to try it and like you said before, I'm sure someone would snap it up in a blog sale if I didn't like it.
    Will ponder it a bit longer!

    Sophs x

    LaVieSophie

    ReplyDelete