Monday, 15 April 2013

Emma Hardie - Moringa Cleansing Balm


So, for my first 'proper post' I thought I would tell you my thoughts on a product that has really improved my skin recently, as well as everyone else's it seems. Emma Hardie's Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm *phew* has won awards and a place in every beauty bloggers skincare stash and for good reason. 

This balm boasts vitamin E, wild sea fennel and of course moringa seed extract to thoroughly clean the skin and reduce the appearance of open pores, rose and jasmin to calm the skin and also orange neroli and mandarin. A cleanser that calms the skin as well as cleans? What more could we want. 
I'm sure we've all tried the cleansers that take off every scrap of make up but feel like they've taken a few layers of skin along with it, leaving the skin feeling tight and dry. The Moringa balm really feels like it nourishes the skin and leaves dry patches, of which I've become accustomed too in recent months, smooth, soft and moisturised.  








To use simply scoop a small amount of balm out and rub between your fingers to make an oil and massage onto dry skin. Then jump straight in with a muslin cloth and warm water and all your make up has vanished! I like to use this for a second cleanse also and basically repeat the same process, just taking a smaller amount this time and massage onto wet skin just to make sure my skin is completely clean and this product can also double as a treatment. My skin has always been combination but over the last few months it has definitely been on the dryer side but using this product seems to nourish the dry and counteract the oily leaving me with lovely skin. 

At £34 for 100ml it is definitely on the pricer side and not very cost effective but considering you need the smallest amount of product this should last a decent enough time to justify yet another feel unique purchase. I managed to bag myself mine in the post Christmas sales for around £27 and do not regret it. 
The only negative I can bring to light is the awful quality of packaging! After just a couple of uses it became very noticeable that water had leaked into the outer plastic casing, and as you might be able to tell from the pictures I no longer have the casing on the lid as this repeatedly cracked and came off. For the price you should expect the packaging to be of a much higher quality so Emma Hardie...sort it out! 

Overall, broken plastic aside, I think if you're willing to splash the cash and your skin is crying out for a bit of hydration then I doubt you will be disappointed.  








3 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this for sooo long! Heard so many good things and I don't think any body dislikes it!great first post by the way :D
    It's a shame about the packaging though! I'd expect something better for such a pricy product xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :) and thanks for commenting!
      It balances out combination skin so well and haven't broken out from it so that's always a winner! I know, so annoying, they need to sort that out or lower the price x

      Delete
  2. I'm desperate to try this! Need to save some pennies :) xx

    ReplyDelete